This is my favorite pasta recipe of all time. It's so simple. Just a few ingredients, but tons of flavor. It's from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 medium zucchinis, sliced thin
- 6 basil leaves, julienned
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of Pecorino cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound of pasta
- salt and pepper
As a side dish, we had chickpea celery salad. Just a can of chickpeas, tossed together with chopped celery, parsley, red bell pepper, onion, lemon juice, lemon zest, chili powder, olive oil, salt and pepper. I have to remember to leave out the onion next time. I don't want to taste raw onions in my mouth for the next two days.