The other side dish of the day is a roasted artichoke couscous with walnuts and herbs. Again, pretty simple, but very fresh and flavorful.
- 12 pieces of frozen baby artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups of couscous
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of scallions, chopped fine
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 cup of fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon of mint leaves, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, toasted and chopped
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix roasted artichoke hearts, scallions, garlic, parsley, dill, and mint into the couscous. Stir in lemon juice and walnuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
The recipe is adapted from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home. This dish is much lighter and fresher than the curry yogurt rice, but the flavors are not as warm and bold. But it is another great side dish to go with our leftover tomatoey spiced beans.